Perhaps you’ve heard that much of Arizona experienced the driest winter on record and wondered, “What does this mean for the Phoenix area? Will we run out of water?” Here are the facts about SRP and the water we manage.
Drought is a way of life in the desert. Multi-decade drought cycles are normal for our arid region.
We’re prepared. Despite just experiencing the driest winter on record, our reservoirs’ levels have held steady.
We plan for this. Our hydrologists plan every year as if we’re heading into a major drought, so we’re ready when the bad years hit.
You can help. Saving water remains a cost-effective way to stretch supplies.
5 ways to save water at work
- Install WaterSense-labeled and ENERGY STAR® products.
- Check toilets and water fixtures for leaks.
- If you have a dishwasher or washing machine, only wash full loads.
- Adjust your irrigation system seasonally and check for leaks.
- Water before the sun rises or after the sun sets to minimize evaporation.